What are we doing in School?
- We will use assembly time and class time to reinforce the importance of washing our hands and sneezing into our elbows or a tissue to catch our sneezes, and avoid touching our eyes nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- We have demonstrated how to wash hands effectively.
- Every classroom has boxes of tissues available.
- Extra soap has been bought and placed in all classrooms and bathrooms.
- Children will be asked to wash their hands at key intervals throughout the day:
- as they arrive at school
- before lunch
- after lunch
- before they leave school at home time
- We will also be sending water bottles home every day to be washed and refilled at home.
- Our cleaning programme has been increased to include daily cleaning of all door handles, increased cleaning of toilets and surfaces throughout school.
- We have displayed handwashing posters around school.
From Monday 16th March we have taken the following actions:
- Cancelled Whole School Assemblies
- Cancelled Class Assemblies
- Cancelled the upcoming Parents' Evening
- All School trips cancelled until Easter
- Swimming for Year 4 cancelled until Easter
- All sporting fixtures cancelled until Easter