Our bespoke menu operates over a three week cycle and is discussed and agreed with our Caterers, School Business Manager and School Council. A copy of our current menu can be found below.
The Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme means that all pupils in Reception, Year One and Year Two are now provided with a FREE school meal. However, Parents are encouraged to apply for Free School Meals for their child - irrespective of whether the child has a school meal or a sandwich lunch.
Is your child entitled to free school meals? Click here to find out more
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
The way to apply is to use our online form. We can tell you straight away if you qualify
Information on Free School Meals can be found on Bradford Council's website at www.bradford.gov.uk/schoolmeals and provides useful information about school meals in general and Free School Meals.
School meals are free for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 - so why do I still need to apply?
For every pupil entitled to a free school meal, the school receives additional funding called the Pupil Premium. This additional funding is extremely vital and is given to schools so that they can support and close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 get free school meals, but if you receive one of the benefits from the list above you may also get help with:
- the cost of residential school trips (speak to us about this)
- free milk
- school uniform costs (speak to us about this)
- council run music lessons at school
- access to before and after school clubs
Please speak to our Head of School or School Business Manager in confidence, should you require assistance with an application for free school meals for your child.
We encourage parents to pay for school dinners online using Parent Pay. The school office can help you set up your account. Click here to go to the Parent Pay site.
Alternatively, if you wish your child/ren to bring a packed lunch from home, the children sit and eat their lunch in the hall together.
All children, whether having a school meal or packed lunch, are cared for by our Midday Supervisors.
CHANGING TO SCHOOL DINNERS FROM PACKED LUNCH OR VICE VERSA
If you wish to change from one to the other we ask for a week’s notice.